Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It Depends....


Hey ya’ll,

So I was once again needing to find yet another reason to procrastinate and step away from studying for my finals and it hit me…BLOG!!! So here I am, in my official study attire of UGA baggy sweatpants, comfortable hoodie, and snuggy sock NOT doing my outlines. Rather I am writing to you, those who believe in me or those who are also procrastinating on their outlines and saw this on their Facebook feed, but anyway I digress

I am almost finished with my first semester and I am in the dreaded Thanksgiving zone of studying for my first set FINALS!!!!! So you wanna know how it is going, “it depends, what would a Reasonable Person think?????”

You are probably thinking what kind of answer is that??? Well let me tell you it is the beginning of almost every answer in the practice of law.  The main thing I taken away from law school thus far and perplexes me is that I HAVE NEVER MEET A REASONABLE PERSON!!!!!  Oh sure, before law school I thought I knew plenty of reasonable people. I even had the blissfully ignorant misconception that I, myself, was reasonable.   That was until they threw me in a room with 60 other “reasonable” people and a professor, and my thoughts and opinions started to seem less reasonable.  

Key Example
"Reasonable people" know they have an a lot of exams to study for so they study and take break but don't procrastinate and find their own distractions. Well that ain't me here is a list of ten (but there where others)  “unreasonable things” I have did during my studying week....

1.   Bought a butt load of crap on Amazon that I don't remember, but if I don’t like it they will become Christmas gifts.... btw Amazon’s 1-click checkout is the DEVIL
2.   Went to my rival high school football game in Atlanta (really was that important, it wasn’t even my high school playoff game and I graduated 11 years ago)
3.   Baked a Red Velvet cake - haven't baked a cake in at least 3 years
4.   Eating about 7 meals a day plus 3 desserts (yeah, after Finals imma be in somebody’s gym & yoga studio)
5.   Left the library to window shop downtown 
6.   Twisted my hair in about a thousand different buns
7.   Watch you tube video’s on how to twist my hair in a thousand buns
8.   Did a full face of makeup just to wash it back off.....trust me I "red carpet world premiere beat my face", smoky eye and all !!!
9.   Incessantly watched my Facebook and Instagram feeds looking for something really anything interesting
10.                 And of course my usual talking to myself while staring into space ~~~ don't judge me, and if you know me you know this happens more than I can admit without being committed to an institution

I mean don’t get me wrong studying has been happening so no one needs to come to Athens to stage an intervention or anything.

The reality of my life and this "law school thing" is that no situation and no person is actually ever reasonable . And that is was what makes life, and law so difficult yet so intriguing.  Nothing is ever the same. Just as every case brings about a new distinct issue, everyday brings about new obstacles, challenges, victories, defeats, and of course growth. We as people are expected to make sense out of whatever comes in front of us, “ as reasonable people”.
Yet these perfect reasonable people don't exist and they have all the answers and solutions and always make the right decisions.

When I was a child, I strived for perfection, as I got a little older I strived for excellence. Now as a future attorney, I am striving for reason.
To make the best possible choices to yield the best possible results…so with that in mind now…I’ll write you guys later…Time to study!!!!!!

Look. Feel. Be. She-Nomenal.
C. Anise

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Guess how I found this blog...by not doing my paper! It looks great! I haven't seen/talked to you in forever, but I am glad things are going well for you. Congrats on UGA LAW!!!!

    Amne

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, its been a few months.... what's up now?

    ReplyDelete